Boundaries can be challenging and the ability to shift your perspective or anyone else's even more so. Boundaries are about what is best for you and your life at this moment, with the people you surround yourself with. Boundaries are a way to take care of yourself and your own mental health regularly. We can not always avoid people that are considered toxic or not good for us, but you can establish a way to not allow them to penetrate your spirit or your mental health.
In understanding how to establish boundaries in your life, certain steps are necessary.
1. Boundaries: Learn the difference between healthy and unhealthy boundaries. Figure out what is acceptable to you and not acceptable.
2. Responsibility: Accept what is the standard you hold yourself accountable, you are not responsible for other reactions, behaviors or emotions. But you are accountable for your own, or how you treat others in regards to creating hurt or harm through your behaviors.
3. Authenticity: By learning who you are, what you want in your life, and the people you surround yourself with shift what boundaries you will create to attain your goals and the life you choose to live. Therefore, by not allowing anyone to create the person you don't align with in your heart.
4. Values: By getting clear with your own values in your life, you will have a better understanding of why you need to set boundaries. You have a hierarchy of the things that are most important to you, and what you will not tolerate.
5. Ego: Don't let you ego over rule the truth. Sometimes we will enable others and create excuses to make life easier. We take on a role of entitlement and blame. Own your feelings, lean in to it with acceptance and self love. Understand your true intentions then learn to empower others and set your Boundaries around your own life and your own self care.
Expectation + Action = the creation of your life experiences.
This is part of the Brave principle, live your life with intentions, show up and be seen. This is your life and you get to decide what is right for you, and you only. Do no harm to others with your choices. You can have boundaries, and empower others. This does not mean you need to delete all toxic people from your life, it means you can limit how their behaviors affect you. Take back your power and live freely.
For more information on how to be BRAVE, their is both an online workshop or an in class workshop available. Send me a message for more details. firstname.lastname@example.org